The project at hand is getting the code right and validated to the ever evolving W3C standards is key. At that point it plays nicely in most browsers and allows the sites to scale nicely on all devices especially the smaller devices such as tablets and phones.
- Adobe Dreamweaver / adobe.com/products/dreamweaver.html - is a premium web design / development application that combines a visual panel with a code editor that features syntax highlighting, code completion, and code collapsing as well as real–time syntax checking and code introspection for generating code hints.
- Notepad ++ / notepad-plus-plus.org - an open-source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size.
- Normalize CSS 7.0.0 / github.com/necolas/normalize.css - A modern alternative to CSS resets that makes browsers render all elements more consistently and in line with modern standards. It precisely targets only the styles that need normalizing.
- Bass CSS 8.0.2 / basscss.com - Lightning fast modular CSS with no side effects.
- Ace CSS / github.com/basscss/ace - Full-featured Bass CSS package for web apps.
Ace-css contains the core Bass modules and several addons for use in larger web apps.
- PHP / php.net - is an open-source server-side scripting language designed for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language.
- MySQL / mysql.com- an open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) The SQL acronym stands for Structured Query Language.
The web is full of resources to help you with your designs. And these are a few features I have used in my designs. I have tried to keep them simple and at a minimum. But that doesn't mean you have to side-step them altogether.
- Bebas Neue - dafont.com/bebas-neue.font - BEBAS NEUE is a sans serif font family based on the original Bebas Neue free font by Ryoichi Tsunekawa. It has grown in popularity and become something like the "Helvetica of the free fonts".
- Roadway Regular - dafont.com/roadway.font- ROADWAY is based on U.S. highway lettering seen on New York street signs in February 2005. Two weights of highway lettering would often be used in the same street sign, a standard condensed version used for the main name and a half-size regular for less important information like ‘road’ or ‘street’.
- Fontello - Icon font generator - This tool lets you combine icon webfonts for your own project.
CSS3 /JS Features
- Filterizr - yiotis.net/filterizr - is a jQuery plugin that searches, sorts, shuffles and applies stunning filters over responsive galleries using CSS3 transitions