A Sailor You Be - by Unknown
- Have you felt the salt spray, upon your face?
- Have you seen the porpoise at the bow, keeping pace?
- Have you viewed sea birds, above the wake in flight?
- Have you fixed on a star, at sunset burning bright?
- Has there been a time, to save a shipmate?
- Has the roll of the deck, ever kept you awake?
- Has the vastness of the sea, left you feeling alone?
- Has a foreign port, made you wish you were home?
- If you have weighed anchor, from calm shelter.
- If you have crossed the equator, at noon time swelter.
- If you have stood your watch, on a pitching deck.
- If you have made landfall, on the horizon a speck.
- When you have secured the deck, for the night to turn in.
- When you have mustered at sunrise, seen a new day begin.
- When you have dogged down hatches, in a mountainous sea.
- When you have known all these things, a sailor you be.
Thanks to Tales of an Asian Sailor